STEAM Horizon Awards
Five prizes of $25,000 are available for Canadian students aged 16-18 who will be pursuing post-secondary studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts or Math at a Canadian University next year. Two of which will be awarded to Indigenous students.
Deadline to apply is January 16, 2018. Q
Schulich Leader Scholarship
Schulich Leaders are selected by the universities.
In order to become a Schulich Leader, one must be a Schulich Leader Nominee enrolling in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) Program at one of the twenty designated Canadian Universities. Each school can nominate one student.
At least two of the following attributes:
• Academic excellence
• Demonstrated leadership in school life and community life, or provided evidence of entrepreneurial talent
• Financial need
Applicants must submit the following:
• One page essay on why you feel you should be nominated for the scholarship
• List the name of the university/universities you wish to attend as well as what program you are interested in pursuing
• Two letters of recommendation. At least one must be academic.
Deadline: February 22 (for student)
Value:$80,000 over 4 years
University of Guelph
President’s and Chancellor’s Scholarships
These scholarships include a research assistantship position and mentorship by one of Guelph’s leading professors. These scholarships reward top students and recognize academic excellence. Students must achieve a 90% to apply .Must apply online
Deadline: January 26
Value: $32,000 (over 4 years)
1800 Wheelchair Canada
Participants must meet the following criteria:
• Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
• Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school
• Age sixteen (16) years or older
• Carry a status of “Good Standing” – i.e. currently enrolled
• Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
• Application postmarked by January 30, 2016
• There are no requirements in terms of physical disability or ability. All applications are welcome
• Please send your application via traditional mail; no express mail will be accepted
• Do not send any CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
• Please keep a digital copy in Word or Google Docs. We’ll need a copy to put up on our site.
Deadline: January 15th