POTASHCORP Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards
Three outstanding Aboriginal Youth from across Canada will be selected to travel to Halifax, Nova Scotia for four days to attend the ceremony at the AFOA Canada’s National Conference in February. These students will represent the views of Canada’s Aboriginal Youth at one of the most important National Leadership Events in Canada.
AWARD RECIPIENTS WILL RECEIVE:
• 5 year Scholarship package valued at over $5,000
• 4 nights at Delta Winnipeg
• Free trip to Winnipeg and tour of city highlights
• Demonstrates an interest and considering a career in the areas of financial and/or management
• Completed application form and submit an essay
• Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or educator, attesting to the student’s performance and commitment
• Academically successful
• Pursuing post-secondary education and/or training
• Grades 11 or 12 (maximum age 19 years)
• Applicants must be of Aboriginal ancestry (First Nations, Metis, Inuit)
Deadline: December 1
Value: over $5000 each
D & R Sobey Atlantic Scholarship
The D&R Sobey Atlantic Scholarship is awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
• Current resident of one of the four Atlantic Provinces
• Entering first year of the undergraduate Commerce program at Queen’s School of Business
• Academic excellence
• Involvement in school or community activities
• Proven leadership
Valued at $75,000 per student, the scholarship is awarded in equal amounts of $18,750 annually throughout the four-year undergraduate Commerce program. It is renewable provided that a minimum 75%
average is achieved in the first year of study and a minimum 80% average is achieved in each subsequent year while enrolled in a full course load.
Deadline: December 1
Burger King Scholars Program
The Burger King Scholars program assists employees, employees’ spouses or domestic partners, employees’ children and high school seniors in the continuing their education.
Deadline: December 15
Value: $1000. To 50,000.
French for the Future National Essay Contest
Open to students in grades 10 to 12 across Canada. The Contest will award a total of $215,000 in scholarships, giving its winners the chance to pursue their postsecondary studies partially or completely in French.
The scholarships are offered in partnership with the following 8 postsecondary institutions:
• the University of Ottawa (ON)
• the Université Sainte-Anne (NS)
• the Université de Moncton (NB)
• the Université Saint-Boniface (MB)
• the University of Alberta’s Campus Saint-Jean (AB)
• the University of Lethbridge (AB)
• Laurentian University (ON)
• Glendon College of York University (ON)
Students must submit a 750 word essay in French on this year’s chosen theme.
Deadline: December 19
Value: $1000. To 12,000.
Canada’s Luckiest Student 2
Student Life Network – Contest
Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 is the greatest student prize in Canadian history, and it just keeps getting better! It starts with a $20,000 GIC to help with school, a Dell gadget bundle for you and a friend, and a Breakaway Tours trip to a destination of your choice. Keep an eye out as new prizes get added on, and opt in as they’re revealed. Winner takes all.
Deadline: August 1 – December 31
Value: $20,000 – $52,700