Grads who are members of the Souris Credit Union OR have parents who are members are eligible to apply for the Credit Union Scholarship due MAY 8th– worth $2000!
- Applicant, parent(s), or legal guardian must be an active member of a credit union on Prince Edward Island.
- The applicant must be a full-time Grade 12 student during the 2015-2016 academic school year.
- The applicant must be planning to attend a recognized University or College for the 2016-2017 school year. Please see list of all recognized Universities and Colleges here.
- Scholarships will be awarded to individuals who encompass a well-rounded character. We are looking for involvement in the community, taking initiative in leadership roles and your overall performance as a student.
- Consideration will be given to the following criteria:
- Community involvement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Career goals
- Leadership roles
- Work accomplishments while attending high school (if applicable)
- All applications must include the following documentation on hand in order to complete the application:
- Proof of acceptance to a recognized university or college.
- A reference letter from a previous teacher, employer, community group/organization of which the applicant is a member of/involved in.
- A transcript of marks from the educational institution the applicant is currently attending.
- Once the application is submitted you will receive an automated notification through email that we have received it.
- The application will then be distributed to the respective credit union selection committee and may be subjected to additional criteria.
- You will be notified on the status of your application using through the email address you provide in the application.
- Only one application per student will be accepted.
- The scholarship will be paid jointly to the recipient and the chosen educational institution and is not renewable.