Valued at $15,000, for grade 12 students entering a university engineering program in Atlantic Canada in September 2016. The application deadline is November 30th, 2015.
Applications for the Provincial Page Program at the Legislative Assembly are now open. It’s a great opportunity for the right type of student. The following is a list of the criteria for the program.
• Must be a grade 11 or 12 honour roll student (can afford to miss some school)
• Must have an interest in the legislative assembly and public affairs
• Must be able to meet the demands of a weekly shift when the house is in session (preferably someone that is not too heavily involved in other activities)
• Student must attend at least one shift per week when the house is in session, therefore; needs access to transportation to and from town
• Students are paid $55 for a day shift and $40 for an evening shift + mileage
Students can come up to student services for more information and/or an application form. Deadline to apply is October 2nd.
Students Services is pleased to announce that all Grade 12 students will be able to pick up a paper copy of all scholarships and bursaries on Monday, Sept 21st in Student Services! In the meantime, go to Scholarships and Bursary page, there you can access an online link to the same document.
St FX will be at SRS on Monday, October 26th during lunch followed by some -on–the-spot admissions with student interested in applying. Early fall admissions opens on October 15 for all program except nursing. Students can still apply for nursing, but they just will not be evaluated until after March 1, 2016. Nursing applicants are to indicate a second choice of program. Student can sign up on the Student Services bulletin board located outside Student Services.
Applications for the Loran Scholarship is available online to grade 12 students. Souris Regional is able to sponsor 3 students although others can apply to the direct pool. To be considered students must submit a paper copy of their application to Student Services first!
Deadline to student services is October 6th.
• Be in the graduating year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school.
• Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%
• Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
For more information about eligibility criteria and the application process -please visit Student Services.
Elections Canada is looking for youth 16 years and old to work as Information Officers at the advanced poll and election poll in October. If you’re interested please register online at http://www.elections.ca or call 1 – 866-201-3389. Please drop by Student Services if you have questions.